Monday, August 17, 2009

Hurt go Happy

Dear Class,


I am reading Hurt go Happy by Ginny Rorby. It is about a deaf girl called Joey. Joey has red hair and a brother. She meets a chimp when she is picking mushrooms and has fun with her. I have not finished the book but so far it is pretty good. I like it when Sukari, the chimp, made Joey try to learn how to use sign language because she currently does not know how to use sign language. Joey can sort of lip read though. If you want to read something interesting, you really should read this book. I think joey feels really frustrated when she does not know what other people are saying. She only catches a few words so she has to kind of make out the other words. If I were Joey I would feel left out. I would be thankful that Sukari came.

1 comment:

J.A. said...

This sounds like a great book!