Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Olympics




Dear class:

The NONFICTION book im reading is The Olympics.So far, ive come across some deep history in the olympics.It was made uo in Greece.Why did they do it?, they did sports to honnor there gods.If somebody won,they would get a amphora. [two handeled vessel]


I remember if in my coldisace if we won a challange our friends would give us something.[treats,and more that Icant remember of]Ifelt amazed of how long the olympics were around ever since 776 B.C.I think this is interesting because the olympics has SO MUCH history.I think next they will talk about they kept track of the peoples records for winning gold medals.How would you feel if you were playing in the olympics in 776B.C?!Would you do the olympics in that year?Why or why not?Ican vizualize runners running hard and the audience clapping with joy while watching.

Sincerely,

MH




2 comments:

Ms. English said...

MH,

Excellent job with asking questions and telling us your reactions. Thank you for explaining why you thought the book was interesting and for giving us an idea of what your visualization looked like.

I know that the Olympics have changed dramatically since they first began in Greece. I feel that some of the changes are for the better and some are not so great. It makes me disappointed when we hear of so many modern day Olympic athletes feeling pressured to take drugs to help them perform better.

Would you have done the Olympics in 776 B.C., now that you know a little more about the history? Why or why not? I turned your own question around on you. To be fair, I'll answer it. I don't know if I would've had the guts to participate in the 776 B.C. Olympics because it was men competing. I think I would have felt extremely intimidated to go up against them.

Happy Reading!
Ms. E

Mysterious Oculos said...

it is good to stay in fit!!!!