Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Tuck Everlasting


I am reading a book called Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbit. It is about a girl called Winnie Foster that discovers a fountain on her family's property that makes you live forever, really. There are some people called the Tucks that accidentaly drank from the fountain and they never got older, not for a hundred years. They looked the same.



I wonder why the Tucks didn't leave the place they were and went exploring? That is what I would have done. If I could live forever I would try eating live snails because I know I wouldn't die if I got infected. Plus I would keep worms as a pet and feed them cheese. After I would deep fry them and eat them. And I would also dip cheese in egg and coat it with bread crumbs. Yum! I A connection I made was about another book I read with people that lived for 200 years.

7 comments:

CD said...

thats cheatin' this is supposed to be ur personal book

Alicia said...

we are supposwed to read it as a group.....sort of

es said...

it doesn't matter, you just have to read the book

es said...

why would you feed worms cheese?

Dromed said...

Snails and worms, what?

Ms. English said...

Cheese,

It's GREAT that you are using this book as your blogging book. You can use your small group book for your blog posts anytime!

Can you tell us a little bit more about the book in which people live for 200 years? How is it similar and different than what happened to the Tuck family?

:)
Ms. E

SW said...

sounds like a good book